Uninstall CMSMS?

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
sshah

Uninstall CMSMS?

Post by sshah »

Hi all,

I have a CMSMS installed on the website that I've been given to improve. I'm new to web development and don't have too much experience. I have played around with the CMSMS for few days and the version that is in the website currently is 1.11.9 Bartolome.

I want to uninstall CMSMS completely off this website, nothing against CMSMS but just not familiar with it and want to work on website without the CMS.

I have searched quite a bit on how to remove/uninstall/delete CMSMS but there doesn't seem to be anything there that I can follow and do this. I have all the details of the hosting and stuff but can't find a way I can uninstall/delete cms completely.

The website itself doesn't have much on it and I have backup text of the website so if all files/data is lost that is not an issue. I really need help in removing the CMS completely if someone can help.

Thanks.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Uninstall CMSMS?

Post by calguy1000 »

There are two steps to uninstalling CMSMS.

a: Delete the database that CMSMS is using
You can find the database that CMSMS is using by viewing the config.php file. You will have to have sufficient permission with your host, and access to the database to do this.
NOTE: Use caution, and ensure that you have a complete backup. Other applications may also use the same database. If other applications are sharing the same database then you will have to drop all of the CMSMS tables individually, and perhaps in a particular order.

b: Remove all of the files in the CMSMS directory
Normally this is just an "rm -rf ./*' command.
NOTE: Use caution, and ensure that you have a complete backup. Depending on how the site was created other applications may be co-installed in the same directory tree.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “The Lounge”