Can't list News if postdate is in future (CMSMS 2) - cont.

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
frankmanl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Can't list News if postdate is in future (CMSMS 2) - cont.

Post by frankmanl »

On Nov 20 2015 Urheat wrote:
Sometimes I've used news as events. So the postdate is the date of the event. With CMSMS 1.xx I could list news, even the postdate was in the future. But I can't with CMSMS 2.0? Is there away or am I missing something?
http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopi ... 28&t=73832
No solution was given, except: "Don't do that."

Well, it is possible to have News module display future articles, by using Expiration Date and then set Start Date in the present or the past.

And indeed, Urheat,
there are site builders that have used the news as events also. And why not?
Frank
Jeff
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Can't list News if postdate is in future (CMSMS 2) - con

Post by Jeff »

You can setup modules and use them however you want.

But don't complain when the developers improve the module and fix bugs in the module for its stated purpose and brake your unconventional use.
urheat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Can't list News if postdate is in future (CMSMS 2) - con

Post by urheat »

Jeff wrote:You can setup modules and use them however you want.

But don't complain when the developers improve the module and fix bugs in the module for its stated purpose and brake your unconventional use.

Thanks frankmanl! I totally agree with you. And great that this is still possible.

And Jeff - this was not an improvement nor bug. I had multiple good points (check the original post) why it's was a good practise to use news as events and haven't heard ANY good points why not.

Return to “The Lounge”