The mysterious disappearance of solved posts

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
nervino
Power Poster
Power Poster

The mysterious disappearance of solved posts

Post by nervino »

Hello everybody,
I'm going to make a probably silly question:
I've noticed that the option to edit a post in the forum is not present anymore, and checking the green check sign to accept an answer make the thread disappear from the forum list.
In the Board preferences I couldn't find any new config option to change these behaviours.
IMHO it was usefull to read all solved post for learning purposes...
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: The mysterious disappearance of solved posts

Post by Jo Morg »

To my knowledge nothing changed with regards to the "Solved Posts" feature. I can see them fine either they are correctly marked with the green tick (the preferred way) or the old way by putting [solved] in front of the post title (clumsy way in that it won't allow the forum filters to tell the solved from the non solved when using the "View unsolved topics" feature).
Unless there are other users experiencing the same issue I'm not sure what could be causing that, other than some odd setting on your profile...
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

I can go back through the history and see all kinds of posts with [solved] in the subject... and with the 'solved' button clicked.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
PinkElephant
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by PinkElephant »

nervino wrote:the option to edit a post in the forum is not present anymore
I noticed that - Edit button missing, starting about two or three months back - and assumed it was part of the forum rebuild.
nervino wrote:checking the green check sign to accept an answer make the thread disappear from the forum list.
I've not started many topics and hadn't noticed the "Accept this answer" button but I've now used it on my old posts (where appropriate). Not much help but I'm not seeing the behaviour you describe.
nervino
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nervino »

I've digged in the forum and I've found a post of mine (started on 2016 jun 21: http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopi ... =3&t=75104 - see attachment)
at page 151. Hence, I think that there must be a sort of an ORDER BY clause issue.
The edit button is present as soon you make a post, than it disappears, I don't know if this is due to the amount of elapsed time.
Attachments
FireShot Capture 21 - CMS Made Simple Forums • View _ - http___forum.cmsmadesimple.org_viewforum.php.jpg
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

We had a server glitch some months ago that made us have to recover from a backup. For some reason some of the global settings were reset to default values, as they were not preserved by the backup. We have set as much of the settings previous to the glitch as possible but some may have been skipped.
Having said that, I personally think that a time lapse to allow editing or deleting of a post by its author is reasonable (it is currently set to 60 minutes, I just checked), as it prevents some oddities that happened before such as replies to deleted posts from either members of the Dev Team or users willing to help, also making the use of the search feature of the forums less reliable.
With regard to the sorting, I'll have to dig deeper: It may be related to a script MOD that was not well uninstalled and may be sending the locked topics to the end of each board.
Thanks for reporting the issue.

PS: The ordering of the posts should be fixed now. Thanks.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!

Return to “The Lounge”