Introduction & menu problem on iPhone

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
kikinovak

Introduction & menu problem on iPhone

Post by kikinovak »

Hi,

This is my first post in this forum, so let me introduce myself. I'm an Austrian sysadmin living in South France. I'm running a small IT company based 100 % on Linux and free software.

Some time ago I made a little CMS for a friend who works as an osteopath (traded against treatment for my back :oD). Here it is:

http://osteo-sommieres.fr/

I started from a vanilla CMS Made Simple, then made some small changes to the default NCleanBlue layout and the default stylesheet.

So far I'm quite happy with the result. There's only one small problem left. When you check out the various menu tabs, you'll see that some categories like "Ostéopathie pour tous", "Contact & plan d'accès" or "Blog" are empty parent categories, with "child" pages in them.

The problem is that the menu doesn't unfold itself on some browser like the native iPhone browser (Safari?). I can't test this myself, I only got the bug report by phone.

I think the solution would be to simply add an empty link (a href="#") to an empty parent category. I've spent the best part of a sunny afternoon experimenting with this, but to no avail. Which leaves me clueless.

Any suggestions?

Cheers from the sunny South of France,

Niki
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Introduction & menu problem on iPhone

Post by velden »

Welcome and thanks for the introduction.

You can alter the menu template as you like. It would involve a few steps:

- Layout -> Templates -> NCleanBlue
Find the {menu ...} tag. That's the place where the menu will be shown. Then look for the 'template' parameter inside that {menu ...} tag. If it's not in there, then the default menu template is used. If it is there, the value used is the name of the menu template used.

- Layout -> Menu Manager
Find either the default menu template (the one with the green checkmark in the 'default' column') or the menu template with the name as used in the {menu ...} template parameter.

The menu templates that come with the cmsms install aren't editable. However, after 'Import template to Database' (icon at the end of row with menu template), you'll have an editable COPY of the template.

Now you can change it the way you like. Then, to actually use it you either need to make it the 'default' (the checkmark) or change the {menu template="<herethenameofyourcustomizedmenutemplate>" ...} tag.

Please do not hesitate to ask if something is not clear. Once you get how things work in cmsms you'll love it!

Return to “The Lounge”