[SOLVED]How to insert image from stylsheet

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
depkata02

[SOLVED]How to insert image from stylsheet

Post by depkata02 »

So im VERY VERY not into CMS , i have basics of HTML and right now im doing my best to try and learn how to write. Now I know how to insert an image , i know how to embed a link to it so that when someone clicks it , it leads somewhere. Problem is that in CMS stysheet it doesnt seem to be that simple.
i have a logo on top left and a search bar in top right , i want an image/logo in center that leads to an article in the news section of the site.
i tried quite a few things and yet i can not make this image show up. my current line is this

#logo a {
/* adjust according your image size */
height: 120px;
width: 250px;
/* forces full link size */
display: block;
/* this hides the text */
text-indent: -9999em;
margin-top: 0;
margin-left: 0;
/* you can set your own image here, note size adjustments */
background: url([[root_url]]/uploads/images/logo_small.png) no-repeat left top;
}

#img
{
src="http://*******.**/uploads/images/logo_dstandalone.png" alt="Diema_Extra_Logo" width="273" height="180" alt="Diema_logo" no-repeat center top;

}

/* ------------ Header - Search ------------ */
div#search {
width: 190px;
height: 28px;
margin-top: 31px;
margin-right: 20px;

...... etc

* stands for the domain , since i am not allowed to publish it anywhere and the client wants anonymity .

How and what should I use to make the image sit next to the logo or at least in the center between the Search engine and the original logo ? :/ simplified please , thanks in advance !
Last edited by depkata02 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
depkata02

Re: How to insert image that leads to url for it in styleshe

Post by depkata02 »

Excuse me , I just met CSS , he is a fun buddy , also , he doesnt speak HTML so I am learning how to use CSS right now... really sorry for the useless post , just trying my best to get my head around web development

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”