Just wondering.

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
kevstarlive

Just wondering.

Post by kevstarlive »

Hi.

I was Just wondering. I have set up my CMSMS on my websites server with all the pages. but I'm a little unsure about something. My site is a kind of voucher site (with no vouchers) if you get what I mean.

What I want to know is. I am looking to rather then edit pages on a CMS. I would love to add items.

an item would include: Image. Title, Description, Link and then which page It will be added to. also activate / deactivate buttons

Rather then me editing a page and HTML with each item that I have.

I know it is possible on custom built CMS as the website I use to work for had this exact thing. Just wondering if its available on CMSMS?

please help.

thanks.
gocreative
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Just wondering.

Post by gocreative »

I think your best solution would be ListIt2 (http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/listit2) as this allows you to set up your own fields and output the data using templates. Combining this with CGSmartImages, you'd be able to automatically scale and/or crop your voucher images on the front-end as well.

The only part I'm unsure of is that you asked about active/inactive buttons. If this is required on the back-end (e.g. simply disabling a voucher from public view), then ListIt2 has that built in as well. However if you need it on the front-end (e.g. a user clicks a button to remove it from your site) then there would be more work and another module or two involved.

Return to “General Discussion”