How to setup CMSMS as Main source

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
fearmydesign
Power Poster
Power Poster

How to setup CMSMS as Main source

Post by fearmydesign »

Hello everyone, not sure how to explain this question, I know what I want in my head, but will try to explain.

Is there a way to for example use/manage one (1) CMSMS installation to run multiple sites? So another words, can I intall CMSMS, have one set of templates and use this installation to power several domains (different websites)?
So if I have - say 50 websites - running under one (1) installation of CMSMS, and I want to upgrade from 1.10 to 1.11, I would only have to upgrade one (1) installation, rather than 50 different ones... hope this makes sense, and hopefully get some feedback/ideas.

Thank you
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: How to setup CMSMS as Main source

Post by Rolf »

No, CMSMS is not designed for that...
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Rolf »

You could try http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/multidomains though... Dont know of it works and if there are downsides...
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
fearmydesign
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by fearmydesign »

Rolf wrote:You could try http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/multidomains though... Dont know of it works and if there are downsides...
Thanks Rolf, I appreciate the link... do you know how I can get in touch with this developer by any chance? I can't seem to find his email anywhere, and I am not a developer therefore I don't have a login for that side.

Thanks again!
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by Jos »

this is his homepage: http://andiministrator.de/
fearmydesign
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by fearmydesign »

Jos wrote:this is his homepage: http://andiministrator.de/
Thank you... I couldn't understand anything on that site, and my Google translate was acting up! Nevertheless, I sent him an email... I think!

Cheers!
gocreative
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by gocreative »

I'm not sure if you've already solved this issue, but I've got a website running with this setup and module. No downsides, from a user or client perspective at least (not sure about SEO etc).

I'm also filtering the output of content based on which domain the user has selected. This allows me to create one website with two local domains (.com.au for Australia and .co.za for South Africa) and display localised content.

Goran (uniqu3) knows more about it as well.
fearmydesign
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by fearmydesign »

gocreative wrote:I'm not sure if you've already solved this issue, but I've got a website running with this setup and module. No downsides, from a user or client perspective at least (not sure about SEO etc).

I'm also filtering the output of content based on which domain the user has selected. This allows me to create one website with two local domains (.com.au for Australia and .co.za for South Africa) and display localised content.

Goran (uniqu3) knows more about it as well.
Thanks. I have not played around with this yet... but thank you for sharing, I may give it a go now!

Return to “General Discussion”