CSS and Templates Topic is solved

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
Anonymous

CSS and Templates

Post by Anonymous »

Please don't laugh at me... I have no experience whatsoever with CSS and, being new to CMS, I still don't have a good handle on it's templates. Where are the CSS and templates stored for CMS? In the database? Files? If I saw a template in use at another CMS site that I liked, what's the best way to emulate that template?

I see where I can copy templates and modify them via CMS' "Template Management" but I couldn't find any files associated with them. Is there a file that I can edit outside of the "Template Management" interface (say in a text editor) to change colors and such of a template?

Thanks,

BamaRob
Bewbs

CSS and Templates

Post by Bewbs »

images are usually stored under the image directory but as far as the html code it is stored in the database under cms_templates.

you may wish to ask the current owner of that template to publish their css code or other things.

it is possible when in edit mode of the template to select all the data within the box and copy (ctrl+c) and paste into a web edit tool such as frontpage
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

CSS and Templates

Post by Ted »

Yeah, that's correct. All of the templates and such are stored in the database. You should be able to just copy/paste their html into the tempalte box and replace the content area of that HTML with {content}.

You can then upload your images (or just copy them to the uploads dir) and change the template html accordingly. It's not the easiest process, but it works and isn't TOO bad.

Return to “General Discussion”