using templates on outside pages Topic is solved

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
AzNBlade001

using templates on outside pages

Post by AzNBlade001 »

I have installed the newest version of cms made simple multi language. I have just found the advertising iframe before website content.  It is like this:where post_id = 112388;
";
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: using templates on outside pages

Post by Ted »

I have installed the newest version of cms made simple multi language. I have just found the advertising iframe before website content.  It is like this:where post_id = 112388;
";
AzNBlade001

Post by AzNBlade001 »

okay...i'll try looking on the smarty website for something like this.

is it easier to just include a tag instead of a template on the seperate page? i want to use the {dhtmlmenu} tag on the side of my forum for navigation.
IceArdor

Post by IceArdor »

I'm confused. Are you wanting to use the content in displays for other pages, such that you could display news across your entire site without using an iframe or having to link back to the cms system.... or is it that you like the template and you want to use it to display some other form of content.

I haven't installed the cms system yet, so I can't speak with experience, but can't you just view the source of the page if you want to use the template, or are you two talking about stuff way over my head?
leen

Re: using templates on outside pages

Post by leen »

wishy wrote:
AzNBlade001 wrote:is there any way to use the templating system on pages not stored in the database? I was thinking of pulling out the template info from the database and use it with the template engine on a seperate page. however, i don't know the mysql code to pull out the template info. can anybody suggest how to do this?
Unfortunatly, I don't an easy way to do this. There are several things going on beind the scenes here that make it difficult. In the code, we're actually implementing several of these tags ourselves, particularly {content}, {title} and {stylesheet}. There might be a way to make smarty not render any tags, but I'm not sure of how to do it off the top of my head. Lemme do some reading on it.
Hmm, currently there are 4 Content Types: Content, Separator, Link, and News. How about adding a 5th type: say ContentLink (any other name would be ok). The link should point to a script that generates only the content part, not the whole page. So, instead of getting the content from a database, CMS should use the content generated by a script.

Or is there already an easy way to do do this?

Cheers,

Leen

Return to “General Discussion”