Catalog Like Module Maker to be Deleted from the Forge

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Catalog Like Module Maker to be Deleted from the Forge

Post by calguy1000 »

Hi All.

Just to let you know, that the CTLMM module http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/ctlmodulemaker will soon be deleted from the forge for the following reasons:
a: It has not had any commits or releases in 24 months
b: The code violates the forge rules in one or more ways.

We have attempted twice now to contact the administrators of that module and have had no response.

So, if on the 15th of the month we have not had any response to our contact emails we will be removing that project.

If somebody would like to 'fork' that project (following the forge rules). They have until that time to do so.

Happy New year!
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Catalog Like Module Maker to be Deleted from the Forge

Post by calguy1000 »

I am sorry to say that the CTLModuleMaker module has been removed from the forge.

We twice contacted the developers of that module (all of the members that were listed as 'developers' in the project list). The original author who is not able to take care of the module asked for a couple of extra weeks so that the other developers could look into it. We granted this.

However, after a total of six weeks nothing more has been done to rectify the problems, so today the CTLModuleMaker module was removed in its entirety from the CMSMS forge. Soon it will no longer be available from ModuleManager either.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “Announcements”