0.11 "Trinidad" Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

0.11 "Trinidad" Released!

Post by Ted »

Yes, we still have a long way to go before it's the perfect system, but this is a great step in the right direction. The dev team is starting to come into it's own now and this release really is starting to show some of the stuff we're accomplishing by working together.

I encourage everyone to try out 0.11. It's a pretty good release. Lot's of fixes under the hood and lots of little additions. However, as always, don't go blindly installing it on the production site without first testing it. We take it personally when something doesn't go right and a production site gets messed up.

Anyways, this is a positive step towards 1.0. We're already discussing what has to happen next and when it will happen. Look for it in Q1 2006!

Thanks to everyone in the community for continuing to make this a great CMS system. We're getting there...
Also, I apologize for being 2 days late.  We had a few issues with cssmenu that needed to be sorted out before it could be released.

Thanks again!
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: 0.11 "Trinidad" Released!

Post by Greg »

Sorry to say but  CSSMenu doesn't work in IE ....

Took out the conditional - no change
Reverted to 10.3 CSSMenu.js - no change
???
Greg
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Greg »

The CSSMenu not working was with an Upgrade from .11 beta 5
Works correctly with a clean install.
Greg
petert
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by petert »

Works great, front end seems to be faster then before.
The back-end is slow, very slow...... Can't find why this is, everything seems to be working.
Mambo sucks, that's why I am here.
Now they call it Joomla, but it still sucks!

CMSMS rules!
westis

Post by westis »

Greg wrote: The CSSMenu not working was with an Upgrade from .11 beta 5
Works correctly with a clean install.
Yeah, CSSMenu has changed a bit recently. As 0.11 is the first official release that it is included in we thought we'd better make some of the changes to the classes/IDs and stylesheets before that release.

That means upgrading from the 0.11 beta versions or earlier separate installs of CSSMenu won't work, as other classes/IDs are used in the latest versions (which means the stylesheets won't work).

Tomorrow I'll try to put together a tutorial on how to upgrade from earlier versions of CSSMenu. It's just changing some of the class/ID names basically.

:-)
megabob3
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by megabob3 »

EllNav seem don't go :(

Page with only link to other page don't mach good.

Please verify. ;)
westis

Post by westis »

megabob3 wrote: EllNav seem don't go :(

Please verify. ;)
Hmm, yeah actually the Link content type seems to not work at all (not an EllNav error). Whatever is written as the url is not the link of the menu item... We'll take a look at it.

Thanks!
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

If i want to edit a page fckeditor shows all centered. See picture in the bug report.
westis

Post by westis »

Piratos wrote: If i want to edit a page fckeditor shows all centered. See picture in the bug report.
This is actually not a bug, but the result of the body element having text-align: center in the stylesheet. That it has to center the page in older versions of IE that don't take margin: auto.

By default FCKeditor is using what is in the body element. But now it is possible to select your own stylesheet for the FCKeditor textarea. Go to Extensions -> FCKeditor. In the field for body tag CSS enter text-align: left; background-color: #fff to both left-align the text and using white background for the textarea.

But this should perhaps be the default setting when installing the example templates. MegaBob3, perhaps you can look into this?
Last edited by westis on Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
westis

Post by westis »

westis wrote:
megabob3 wrote: EllNav seem don't go :(

Please verify. ;)
Hmm, yeah actually the Link content type seems to not work at all (not an EllNav error). Whatever is written as the url is not the link of the menu item... We'll take a look at it.

Thanks!
This is now fixed in svn.
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

Good tip, fckeditor works.
megabob3
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by megabob3 »

westis wrote:
Piratos wrote: If i want to edit a page fckeditor shows all centered. See picture in the bug report.
This is actually not a bug, but the result of the body element having text-align: center in the stylesheet. That it has to center the page in older versions of IE that don't take margin: auto.

By default FCKeditor is using what is in the body element. But now it is possible to select your own stylesheet for the FCKeditor textarea. Go to Extensions -> FCKeditor. In the field for body tag CSS enter text-align: left; background-color: #fff to both left-align the text and using white background for the textarea.

But this should perhaps be the default setting when installing the example templates. MegaBob3, perhaps you can look into this?
Ok i will set it as default, and if there is CSS from FCK admin, module will use it.

;)
hman

Post by hman »

westis wrote: This is now fixed in svn.
Westis, I too am having problems with the link content type after upgrading from 0.10.4 to 0.11. What is the URL of the svn version that fixes that problem? I haven't ever looked at the svn stuff so I don't really know what I'm doing! ;-)
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

hman:

Replace your lib/classes/class.content.inc.php file with this file instead: http://viewsvn.cmsmadesimple.org/viewsv ... p?rev=2290
westis

Post by westis »

hman wrote:
westis wrote: This is now fixed in svn.
Westis, I too am having problems with the link content type after upgrading from 0.10.4 to 0.11. What is the URL of the svn version that fixes that problem? I haven't ever looked at the svn stuff so I don't really know what I'm doing! ;-)
This will also be in 0.11.1 that will be released soon. About using svn, you can read more here (if you're on Windows).

You can also browse the svn version for any project in the CMSMS Forge, by clicking on the SCM tab for a project and then click "Browse Subversion Repository".

But Wishy beat me with the download link for the single file you were looking for in this case... ;-)

Return to “Announcements”