Forum Restored from Backup Yesterday

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Forum Restored from Backup Yesterday

Post by calguy1000 »

Incase you're curious as to what happened..... something strange happened causing all posts over 30 days old to get deleted from the forum.  We're not sure at this point wether it was a user error, or something else... but it happened.

And of course, as always happens,  the newest backup that Ted had was at least 2 days old.... so therefore we lost at least one full day of posts on the forum.

Just thought I'd let you all know.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
cnymike
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Forum Restored from Backup Yesterday

Post by cnymike »

Wow, thankfully you had a good backup. What a terrible loss it would have been to lose all the collected knowledge contained in the forum.

Michael
Pierre M.

Re: Forum Restored from Backup Yesterday

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello,
cnymike wrote: What a terrible loss it would have been to lose all the collected knowledge contained in the forum.
I agree it would have been a terrible loss.
The contributions to the wiki are another backup : every time someone takes an answered topic in the forum and improves the wiki with it (copy-paste) the solution gets backuped twice. Remember everyone that forum users have write access to the wiki. We are all free to contribute to the project.

Have fun with CMSms

Pierre M.

Return to “Announcements”