Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.2 Beta 3

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
moorezilla

Re: Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.2 Beta 3

Post by moorezilla »

yep... set it to true.
KO
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by KO »

So printing documentation needs change.
Nullig
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Nullig »

Upgraded from 1.08 and 1.1.3.1 - no problems.

Nullig
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

Which version of Php is needed for 1.2? And later 2.0?

1.2 is also oke with php 4.4?
Does version 2.0 also work with this version of only php 5?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

the 1.x series requires a minimum of PHP 4.3
2.0 will require PHP 5
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Signex

Post by Signex »

Cant find any errors to this point, tried various modules, updating from previous version, playing around with settings, everything in Beta 3 works fine according to me.
rab
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by rab »

Kind of a steep learning curve, but I'm starting to make sense of some of it at least! Anyway, don't know if this is an issue or just my own ignorance, but I created several albums (with categories) and a bunch of pix. In Content -> Photo Albums, I see all the pix very nicely, and when I click on one I see the big pix. I assumed I was clicking on the thumbnail, but both Albums and Image Manager say "No Thumbnail Available".

The issue is, when I did the same thing yesterday on my local Win2k box under Xampp, the thumbnails were all created automatically. Yet today when I did the same thing on the Linux server, no thumbnails got created. Why?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Okay.... so it looks like the translation has kicked into gear and that there aren't too many issues left with the 1.2 betas.  This is all good.

The release is still slated for tomorrow, but if I end up going out of town it may slip till Tuesday.

Thank you very much for your testing and translation efforts, and please:  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!  There's only a few days left!!! (at the most).
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Greg »

I finally got to my computer to test this new version... Install from 1.1.1 with no problems. Improvements are great. No warnings, errors or any problems with all the modules I had installed either. Great work !!
Greg
GDS
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by GDS »

Filemanager
The line:

Current path: /uploads

behaves strange in Internet Explorer 6,
It seems to appear/disappear depending on focus.
The error is not present in Opera 9.10.

GDS
GDS
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by GDS »

Error in modules/TinyMCE/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/cmslink/popup.php

Non-english letters are not showing up correctly in the cmslink popup.
Adding this line in the head element (Line 14) seems to solve the problem:

GDS
Signex

Post by Signex »

I dont know if this is since 1.2 BETA 3, but i was testing the Guestbook Module which doesnt process frontend entries, guestbook says they are placed, but there`s nothing to see. Also when editing guestbook templates i gave me an error on submitten, but it did process my changes to the template. But again, i dont know if this is because the changes in CMSMS, I never tried guestbook before.
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello,

I haven't much tested. Here is some feedback (SSH install).

I confirm the frontend wysiwyg bug is fixed.

But there are still .sh packaging scripts and the tmp/templates_c and tmp/cache folders are still missing.
Hence "/some/path/cmsms-1.2b3/tmp/templates_c is not writable, exiting" in red in the install wizzard.
I suspect some packager has an intend to prevent cluless newbies to install 1.2 ;-)
(but it may be pain for the support team to answer this "templates_c is not writable" soon-to-be question)

The very first step of th installation wizard is "Checking for PHP version 4.2+" and the requirement (in the doc) is 4.3+.
(tested with 4.4.7)

At this end of the installation, I was pointed to "install additional modules", so I have tried to install modules in alphabetic order : Album, Calendar, Cataloger, Comments, CustomContent, FormBrowser, FormBuilder, FrontEndUsers, Glossary, Jobs, Quizzard, RateThis, Reservation have installed. But CompanyDirectory and Questions have failed to install :
"ERROR: The CGExtensions module could not be found.
Error! Module installation failed :Problem instantiating an available module".
Some dependancy or version problem ?

I see only 8 module install in the log. No failed install in the log. I think either the Core or the Module Manager (I don't know which) isn't logging enough (failures and successes).

Following upgrade.php (as adviced) on top of the page (before the palm banner) I see twice :
"ERROR: The CGExtensions module could not be found.". I suppose this is same issue as above.

The "install folder is not yet wiped out"(or so) warning is working.
The sample homepage is "using 26 SQL queries". The validator.w3.org happily claims "This Page Is Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!"

I know this isn't the expected feedback (testing of new features). But at least it confirms a fix.
Have fun polishing 1.2 :-)

Pierre
moorezilla

Post by moorezilla »

I'm pretty sure the cgextension error is simply a module dependency.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Yeah, CGExtensions (a non core module) is required by alot of other non core modules, and will display an error message this way if it can't be found because of the unique type of dependency.  it's not an issue with the core.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------

Return to “Announcements”