Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.2 Beta 3

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Announcing CMS Made Simple 1.2 Beta 3

Post by calguy1000 »

Okay, it looks like the 3rd beta will last till Tuesday.  Please keep up the testing, you're doing a good job.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello,

I've a look at the new "page defaults" settings and it seems to works. I have tried to set the defaults (in)active, (not)show in menu and content. Not all combinations tested, but tests passed.

A look at the release notes :
-good points : the top lines of doc/README.txt point to http://cmsmadesimple.org and then to INSTALL.txt and UPGRADE.txt.
-but UPGRADE.txt's "If upgrading from a version pervious to 0.5" let me think it could be better.

I find it cool in the "file and images manager" to be able to upload several files at once. (it works).

Extensions->Modules pops up the red "ERROR: The CGExtensions module could not be found." After having installed the CGExtensions module it is no more and the sample homepage is "using 27 SQL queries". BTW, a "Calguys Module Extensions" is installed.
Quizzard is installed although the max supported version of CMSms is 1.1 (warned in red, good!). I think it shouldn't have installed.

In TinyMCE basic, I'd rather the "show the wysiwyg toggle on/off button" checkbox checked by default. And I'd rather have "pasteword" just along "pastetext" by default as it seems to work.

A suggestion : the provided .htaccess sample could include some filtering rules hence enhancing security.
1.2 seems in good shape, paving the road for 2.0 :-)

Pierre

PS@JCE|Calguy : fr translation : on the third tab "Paramètres" of the "file and images manager" :
-For the first checkbox (advanced mode), I think "Donner accès à TOUT le système de fichiers de l'installation CMSms, pas uniquement à /upload/ (si autorisé)" would be a little better than "Laisser accès au système complet de fichiers de cmsms, pas uniquement à /upload/ (si autorisé)".
-For the second checkbox, "Only effective with advanced mode on" isn't translated. I suggest "(ne fonctionne qu'en mode avancé)".
reneh
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by reneh »

Hello friends!

For the one of you that translates - please try to make ready the core modules before the 1.2rc1 that releases on Tuesday october 9. 2007

Best regards
Translation Team
ReneH 8-)
A search will save you hours waiting for an answer! Image
jce76350
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by jce76350 »

Hi,

To Pierre
fr translation : on the third tab "Paramètres" of the "file and images manager" :
Done my friend

Any other bugs in French translation ?
please report CMS Made Simple 1.2 Beta et traduction modules en Fr
Jean-Claude Etiemble
Art-art

Post by Art-art »

Hi,

I tried to use the Beta3 to install from scratch (should this be possible yet?). The dir '\tmp' is emply in the package.

Already known?

Regards,

Arthur
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello Arthur,
Arthur wrote: I tried to use the Beta3 to install from scratch (should this be possible yet?).
It is possible, of course. Not all Earth will upgrade from 1.1.3.1 to 1.2. There will be people begining with 1.2 ;-)
Arthur wrote: The dir '\tmp' is emply in the package.
Already known?
Yes :
Pierre M. wrote: ...and the tmp/templates_c and tmp/cache folders are still missing.
Thank you for reporting. Keep up the testing.

Pierre M.
donnut

Post by donnut »

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/donnut/public_html/cmsmadesimple-1.2beta3/lib/adodb_lite/adodb-datadict.inc.php on line 726

Testing 1.2beta3, upgrade of module

Steps performed:
download Calender-0.7.10.xml
install Calender-0.7.10 (via Modules)
uninstall Calender-0.7.10
Remove Calender-0.7.10
download Calender-0.7.9.xml
install Calender-0.7.9.xml (via Modules)
upgrade to Calender-0.7.10 via Module Manager produces message "Module installation would result in a downgrade..." 
uninstall Calender-0.7.9.xml via Modules (but no remove)
upgrade to Calender-0.7.10 via Module Manager produces above warning

System: Ubuntu server 6.06LTS
Apache2.0.55
PHP 5.1.2
MySQL 5.0.22

Donnut
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

This is probably an issue in the calendar module, not the core.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Signex

Post by Signex »

Donnut check this topic: http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/tracker/in ... 0&atid=159

here you can find the patch for te calender module
donnut

Post by donnut »

DestoMedia wrote: Donnut check this topic: http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/tracker/in ... 0&atid=159

here you can find the patch for te calender module
Ok, should have seen that. Is it also a solution for the "downgrade" warning?

Donnut
jce76350
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by jce76350 »

Hi,
calguy1000 wrote: the 1.x series requires a minimum of PHP 4.3
In the CMSInstallerPage1.class.php

Code: Select all

$settings['required'][] = $this->testBoolean(1, 'Checking for PHP version 4.2+', (@version_compare(phpversion(), '4.2.0') > -1));

Is anybody do test from printing into Windows Xp or 2000 ?
In my PDF file gererated html_entity are not decoded
Jean-Claude Etiemble
croontje
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by croontje »

Is it normal that only the GIF images show up in the image manager?
johnbmcdonald
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by johnbmcdonald »

moorezilla wrote: I've only found a few minor issues with beta3 that honestly might not even be problems.

1. Before running the upgrade the site fires a "string(76)"Smarty error: unable to read resource:"module_db_tpl:Printing;linktemplate"". In other words, if you upload the files and do not run the upgrade process, but simply visit the site, this error appears where the printing link is embedded in the template. This error goes away once the upgrade is run, so it probably shouldn't be considered an issue.

I have run through the upgrade process, but I am still getting string(76) "Smarty error: unable to read resource: "module_db_tpl:Printing;linktemplate"" 

Any ideas?

Thanks
John
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

John, you are not upgrading to 1.2beta3 but to 1.2.3, are you ?
And from which other version are you upgrading ?

Pierre M.

Return to “Announcements”